History

S M L
Subject:History

 

1.The six-story high central tower was built in 1930 (Showa year 5). The Tower was also known as the Royal Ceremony Monument in commemoration of the Showa Emperor’s ascension to the throne. It was the tallest building in Tainan City at the time. The tower once served as a fire lookout, therefore earning its moniker as the “Fire Lookout Tower,” or later as “Fire Observation Tower.”

2.In 1937 (Showa year 12), construction work for the Government Offices Building (joint offices for the government) began on either side of the tower to housea fire station, the local police station, andan administrative space for the police department. It was completed on April 25th in the following year.

3. The Building was listed as a historic site in 1998. It is one of the few holdover fire stationsthat dates back to the Japanese Colonial Period.

4. Renovationof this historic sitekicked off between 2015 and 2018. The right side of the Building, which previously includeda police station, women police division, and juvenile affairs police division, was transformedinto a fire museum.

Last updated:2018/12/14 AM 09:52:58

Copyright © Tainan City Government Fire Bureau. All rights reserved.
No.898, Sec. 2, Yonghua Rd., Anping Dist., Tainan City 708, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
|Tel: 886-62975119|e-mail: 119@mail.tncfd.gov.tw